Purchase Order Integration
OVERVIEWThe Integration syncs purchase orders recorded in the Revel Management Console.
- Capture finalized purchase orders data
- Capture product information including Vendor information, product SKU, description, cost
- Capture additional PO information PO including Shipping and handling charges, miscellaneous charges)
- Option create POs in Xero as Draft POs or Draft Bills
- Option to summarise the contents of Revel POs into single line items in Xero
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO ENABLING THE INTEGRATION
- Ensure all products have SKUs
- Ensure vendor details are complete in Revel
- Ensure products in Revel have the appropriate tax rates applied
- When the integration synchronises a draft PO or Bill is created in Xero.
Figure 1.2 – Purchase Order Contents – Revel Management Console
Note – In the Revel Management Console, PO amounts in the PO list are displayed excluding tax, Misc. Amounts and Shipping and Handling. As can be seen in the above screenshot, the grand total amount contained in the PO will match the total as per Xero as tax, Misc. Amounts and Shipping and Handling need to be accounted for.
Figure 1.4 – Purchase Order Contents as Displayed in Xero – Summarised Format
Note – If the summarized format is utilized, the contents of the PO will be synced to Xero as totals and not as individual product items (as per the Revel PO in the Management Console)
- Xero POs or Bills
In the instance that multiple POs form single bills issued by suppliers (i.e. a business is not issued a single supplier bill representing a single PO), it is necessary for the organisation to ensure that Revel POs are sent to Xero as POs. This is because it will be difficult to reconcile the actual single supplier bill to multiple Revel POs.
In the instance 1 PO represents 1 bill issued by a supplier then the user may send Revel POs straight to Xero as Bills.
- Example PO Workflow – Xero
After a PO / multiple POs are synced to Xero, in order to copy the contents to a bill (and be in a state ready to have payments applied to it), the user must first approve these POs and then mark them as billed. When the ‘mark as billed’ button is selected, the contents of the PO/POs can be copied to a draft bill.
Note – The status of synced POs or bills will be in draft so that they may be reviewed prior to approval.
If a Bill has been issued for a PO or multiple POs they should then be selected and marked as ‘Billed’. Next their contents should be copied to a bill.
Note – Be sure to select all POs that comprise a single Bill. Xero will automatically create separate bills for each supplier.